Thursday, October 18, 2007

We were all sitting around the kitchen table. It was Sunday morning. Pancake morning.


So I didn't have a firm grasp on exactly what "text encoding" was until I came to class. I initially thought it was another kind of HTML... which through my still somewhat fuzzy knowledge of it, it very well could be.
I decided to take the cover of my favorite children's book (if you haven't read it... you need to), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The title is written in a larger font than any other part of the page, obviously to draw the reader's attention to the title. You will usually see with big-time authors that the author's name is the same size-- if not bigger-- than the title. This is not the case with this book. All the colors used on the cover can be considered "appetizing" colors, since the entire book is about food. There is not one page in the book with blue or purple or any other "unappetizing" colors.

The picture on the cover has a special role, in that it tells you exactly what the book is about: weather that brings food. It rains soup, snows meatballs, fogs pea soup, and morning-dews eggs. It's actually making me really hungry right now. It's raining outside, and I swear I can smell soup. Yummmmm.

Video of the next couple of days: This show started on Disney before it was on regular cable, so I didn't get to watch a lot of it when I was younger. This cartoon is definitely from Disney Channel's "glory days," when I didn't feel like I was getting more and more stupid watching (have you ever seen Max and Ruby? If you have, you'd know what I'm talking about).

No comments: