Monday, October 8, 2007

Hot Trends

So I went online today to check the "trends" on Google's website, and I easily wasted a half hour of my life trying to figure out what the heck half of the things are. It makes me wonder... "where the hell have I been?" I feel like I've been living under a rock lately. How is it that so many people are searching for these things... yet I have no idea what they are? Here were a few of them:

XLPaws- apparently the Myspace nickname of some elementary school teacher who took too many pictures wearing too little clothes. Hasn't anyone learned their lesson yet? Oh, and in case you were wondering... she got fired. #28 on The List. (see also #2: Melinda England)

babywit- the current #1 search on Google today. This website is an online store (babywit.com... in case you couldn't figure that one out for yourself) where people who hate "the man" can buy mold-breaking, unique, semi-witty baby shirts, bibs, and the like. The average bib will set you back about $14. Doesn't that just scream anti-establishment?

columbus day- either Googled by a ton of foreigners who have no idea who Columbus is, or by a group of lazy elementary school teachers (see XLPaws) who needed something to take up class time today. (see also #27 Christopher Columbus)

rose red- scary ass Stephen King novel-turned-TV movie. I saw it in the 11th grade. I didn't sleep for a week. Why it's being searched now... not even Google knows. #11 on The List.

Alexa Havins- fans of All My Children everywhere will mourn the loss of Babe. Oh wait, she's being replaced by actress Amanda Baker in the same episode. Just kidding. Maybe no one will notice that Babe is looking a little different these days. #26 on The List.

postal holidays- no one wants a stale fruitcake... so don't mail it around a postal holiday. #9 on The List (see also #8, usps holiday, #10 columbus day, #32 columbus day federal holiday... though it's a little too wordy for my liking).

Other interesting "hot trends" on Google today: rottenneighbor.com, chicago marathon death, shalom auslander, tufts 10k, tru calling, drphil.com, pasta pomodoro, that hagen girl

Visit the Google hot trends page. It updates constantly.

And as promised... the video for the day. (I think I'm getting a little carried away with this blog.) You may or may not have seen this one. I think I was a little too old to be watching it-- but I did anyway.

No comments: